The College Club of Cleveland Foundation
Founded in 1898, the College Club of Cleveland aims to promote the social, philanthropic and literary interest of Cleveland’s college-educated women. As early as 1898 the members collected donations for women seeking higher education. The Augusta Mittleberger Scholarship was established in 1924, to be followed in 1998 by the Sally Hirsh Scholarship, and in 2016 the Charlene Phelps Scholarship. Additional scholarships are awarded as funds become available. The College Club Foundation has awarded over 120 scholarships since 1990. Although in the Club’s early years only the education of women was promoted, the present day Club admits both men and women and the Foundation now awards scholarships to both male and female students.
The College Club of Cleveland Foundation, whose funds are managed by The Cleveland Foundation, is pleased to offer scholarships to seniors graduating from public high schools in Cleveland and the surrounding suburbs. Awards are for tuition only and are limited to a maximum of four years or the achievement of a Baccalaureate degree, whichever comes first. All scholarships are renewable annually if students maintain a 3.0 GPA or higher.
To apply for a scholarship
Scholarship applications are accepted between January 1 and March 1.
- Download the application form (a fill-in Word form)
- Fill it out using Word, then save it with your last name in the file name.
- Email completed application to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Have two letters of reference emailed to email@example.com. Here is a form to give the people from whom you are requesting letters: Word | PDF (use of the form is optional).
- Have your most recent transcript and attendance records emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or sent to the address below. Here is a form to give your school when requesting transcript and attendance records: Word | PDF (use of the form is optional).
- No applications will be accepted for consideration before January 1st or after March 1st.
- Incomplete applications will be rejected.
- Scholarship recipients will be notified during the month of April.